If you already have an existing database you can easily apply additional business solution templates to it through the use of Quick Start. For example: if you initially set up GlobalSearch to better manage your Human Resources information and later decided to add a solution for Accounts Payable, this could be added through QuickStart with just a few quick steps.
To begin the process of adding a business application to your existing GlobalSearch instance you must first have administrative rights.
- Go to the Administration tab by clicking on the lock icon in the upper left side of the title bar and selecting Administration.
- Select Quick Start from the menu of options.
- Quick Start will initiate the process by requesting you to select whether you would like to Create a New Database or Add to an Existing Database. Select Add to Existing Database.
- Select the name of the database you wish to modify. Clicking on the double arrows on the right of this screen will open a list of the existing databases for you to select from.
- Select the business applications you would like added to your instance of GlobalSearch. Please note selecting the root of the application will select all applications below it.
Add any additional users you would like added to your GlobalSearch who will need access to the new Business Solution. You can add users to your instance one at a time by clicking add user or import a list of users via CSV for bulk updates.
Bulk User Import Format
To import users in bulk via a CSV file, please use the following format: Username | Password | License Type | Email Address. The default licenses type should always be a value of 2. License types however are defined as follows:
1 = Full
2 = Web Edit
4 = Read Only
Assign one of the five user permission levels to the user. These include; Admin, Edit, Read Only, Packaged, Custom and None.
Permissions are typically applied for the user across the entire business applicaiton. To apply different levels of permissions for a user against the individual archives within a Business Solution, select the Custom permissions radio button. This will expand the options for permissions allowing you to apply a more granular security model.
The Packaged permissions option will only appear if you are transporting an existing Business Solution where users were already added and their permissions have been previously defined.
- For more detail on what permissions are assigned to each level, please see below;
- Click Save to add the new Business Applicaiton to your instance of GlobalSearch or click Cancel to quit the process.