Install and Configure Data Extraction
When using KeyFree Indexing and Image XChange, images of text are captured as indexing data in GlobalSearch. This requires an OCR (optical character recognition) engine to analyzes the selected areas on your document and convert the image to editable data. The Data Extraction extension provides that OCR engine on your local machine. You can install it before installing Image XChange or, at the prompt, during the Image XChange installation.
Install Data Extraction
- To install the extension, click the Data Extraction Install toggle switch.
- To uninstall, click the Install toggle switch again.
Configure Data Extraction Settings
If you are using browser-based GlobalSearch version 4.5.1 or later, you can use the Data XChange local OCR engine for KeyFree Indexing.
- In the vertical Extensions menu, select Data Extraction. Click the More Options () icon.
- Click Use for KeyFree Web. Click the toggle switch again to use the GlobalSearch server OCR engine instead.
- If a Caution () icon appears, it indicates that the Extensions Manager has detected that Data Extraction is installed, but not working. Click the Caution icon to run a check for the OCR engine. When the check is successful, the icon will disappear.