- Right-click on your default website, or whichever website GlobalSearch is installed to.
- Select ‘Edit bindings’
- Click ‘Add’
- Select Type: HTTPS, SSL Certificate:, and the input your hostname; example: globalsearch.mycompany.com and then click OK.
- HTTPS uses Port 443 by default.
- (Optional) If you/your client wants to completely disable authentication over http (locally) remove http bindings (usually port 80). If client wants to let users authenticate from within the domain, you can keep your http bindings without issue.
- Note: If you disable HTTP access or change port numbers, you will have to repoint any existing clients that are referencing the HTTP website or old ports, GlobalSearch uses HTTP and port 80 by default when first installed.