Touch events in browsers can cause issues within the document viewer in the web. This is most typically the case when users seemingly can't draw or edit annotations in the web viewer.
This issue is most commonly found to happen in Chrome, but may also happen in Firefox. To remedy this, touch events need to be turned off.
- Open Chrome
- Navigate to chrome://flags
- Search for "Touch Events API
- Disable the flag and restart Chrome
- Open Firefox
- Navigate to about:config
- If prompted for authorization, hit "I Accept the Risk"
- Search for "dom.w3c_touch"
- Find the "Touch Events Enabled" Preference
- Double click and change the integer value to 0
- Hit "Ok" and restart Firefox